Friday, March 26, 2010
Today was a nice day for testing things out, so I took the boat out and sailed with the wind vane under a bunch of conditions. There's a video of the vane steering the boat with just the Genoa up, and I also tried it out with the smaller jib, and with the main and Genoa and Main and jib.
With the spinnaker, I think its harder for the wind vane to control the boat, but I'm working on getting it to do the trick. So, hopefully I'll have an automated boat soon. It sure is nice when I don't have to hold the tiller, and I can just wander around the boat and let the vane steer.
Posted by cdlloyd