Monday, March 31, 2008

Senioritis







Senioritis is setting in. I've got 12 more days of work left, but I feel like I could just leave tomorrow. And take the afternoon off.




Every day that I go out into the wind, I can feel the sharpening effect it has on my spirit. And every day I go into my office, I can feel the grinding of bureaucracy against my edges.


I've got the shakedown tour planned. In three weeks I'll be heading out for a sea trial, up to Victoria and on to Bellingham. It will test my navigation when I'm out on the Strait of Juan De Fuca, something I've never been tested on before. I have always sailed close enough to land that I can see where I am on a map, and don't need to take compass readings. I'll have a GPS on board, but I think I'll try to navigate my way as much as I can by compass and charts.

Oh, and the above three pictures were taken by Jed Smith.








No comments: