Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Summer's End

I've reached the time of migration.  My wings are getting impatient and I intend to use them soon.  I pulled up all my anchors from the bottom of Bellingham Bay, sold my precious little teal car, tore Altair apart and then put her back together again, and stuffed her to the gills with all sorts of things.  On this trip I've got two dinghies, three surfboards, a fridge, LED lights, more solar panels than before, two new sails, a new spinnaker that I hope I won't kill before too long, and a renewed sense of adventure.  I've also got a new Reel for fishing, and this one means business. 
But before I leave, I will reminisce about the summer once more.  I made this video about the Ship this summer, the Wilderness Explorer, and here it is:



Or the link here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx65oQbuCYs&feature=youtu.be


I expect to get to San Francisco in about two weeks and then onwards down the coast slowly.  Lindsay will join me in San Francisco and we will test our relationship in a small fiberglass crucible. 

Also some parting shots from the end of the trip down to Seattle:

 These are Pacific Whitesided Dolphins, and I love them.

 Here's a shot of Baker, and I've been to the top of that!

No comments: