Sunday, September 28, 2014

At the Corner

I'm at the corner of Washington, in Neah Bay, where I have been before twice by sea and once by land.  I've come to this place to let go of the world for a little while and take to the green beyond for a time.  Tomorrow is the departure date, though there will be some weather against initially, and then we'll find the NW magic breeze that blows things to California.  Altair will be one of those things.  My friend Yale is here too, and he plans on heading out at the same time, so it will be fun to have a race.  I'm at the marina, full of fuel, water, food, electricity, cool things (fridge!!!) and some books and photography potential.  The future is wide open.
Today, in the past, however, I got to see some Gray whales, graying along the kelp just out of Neah Bay.  They are nice whales and there was a baby playing in the surf.  I wanted to drop the hook, get out a surfboard and go play with it (him?) for a little while.  It was about 12 ft long.  They are heading south soon too, as well as the Humpbacks.  Exciting.
I have also re-activated my SPOT beacon, so you (Rachel) can track my progress along the coast.  Here is the link to the page:


http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0ZI5dehz1OLghFSeVZjx0tbfTtjuS8TFu



No comments: