Monday, March 23, 2009

Return... and planning








I'm back in Seattle! I drove in almost a week ago, and then promptly got very busy getting all my stuff moved and sold and re-boxed. I found some letters from long ago that made me remember, I found some pictures I can scarcely believe are of me, and looked at all the things I've done long long ago, back in High School and before...
On my way up the coast from LA, I stopped at my sister's place in Marin county, near San Francisco. We went out on bicycles and had a good ride out in the headlands and the city, and then we went over to Angel Island, the only green island in the San Francisco Bay, where we climbed to the top. Its amazing up there, with the wind and fog whipping around, and the city poking out occasionally. There was a race we watched go around the island, fast sailing boats sliding past and popping their spinnakers made for exciting (but cold) watching...
After that, I drove up to Oregon, then to Olympia, then to Seattle, and it rained the whole time. What a bummer.
But I've become accustomed to the weather up here now. I didn't think I would be able to, but I guess its not that hard.
As for the pictures, well, there are still Elephant Seals on the Big Sur coast (south of San fran) and then Rachel let me borrow a superman suit to ride in, so I had to get a picture, then there are some from Angel Island. Rachel took the flower picture and a few others. Angry is cool, right? Unfortunately I didn't get to keep those glasses.
Oh, and as for the future...
I plan on leaving Seattle soon. I'll get everything moved to a good storage place in Bellingham (my parent's place) and then get on the boat and sail around all summer. I'm going to leave my moorage April 15th, so I'll start then.
I'm going to go up to Alaska. I thought about it last summer, but didn't have the guts to actually do it, but I feel much more confident now. I'll start to head north in the beginning of May, and get up there in June. Then I'll spend most of june and July sailing around the inside areas near Juneau and Petersburg and then sail back south in August. Maybe I'll continue south after that, but I am not sure yet. I also got a lottery ticket today, the first one I've ever had. I was going to buy it, but Alan bought it for me, so I still haven't bought a lottery ticket. So if I win, then I'll get to do this kind of lifestyle for a lot longer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The seal is like "aye aye cap'm!"