Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sectionals

just got back from Sectionals, which was the reason for coming back into the USA so early... And what a blast! We started out in a pool of 4 teams, because there were 8 teams total in the section, so two pools, we play 3 games saturday, then that sets the ranking for the brackets and we play a double elimination to decide which the top 3 teams go on to the next tournament.
So we came out and blasted our way through our pool, and won all three games, putting us in the semi-finals. We won in the semis, putting us in the finals against Shazam, which was the national champs last year. We then played a very hard fought game and won on double game point, 16-15. So we won the section, and we're going to regionals in a couple weeks. This affects my plans, of course, I'll have to be there. I'm going to stay in Bellingham for a few days and then get down to Seattle on friday, and I think that will be the last of the big sailing trips for me for a while.
Hopefully I'll get my act together and make a couple projects in this week and some good repairs on the boat, so she's in pristine condition.

No comments: