Monday, October 7, 2019

Sailing to Catalina Island

I just got back from a short trip across to Catalina Island on my friend Brad's Pogo 40.

 I've been interested in this kind of boat for a long time and now that I've sold Altair, I'm ready for a new boat.
So we sailed over to Catalina and then did some diving and then sailed on back.
It had been a long time since I've been to Catalina, and it was nice to go back and see what had changed.  Here is a shot looking over the isthmus to the far side harbor (cat harbor)
And here is Brad's boat as we came back to the ship.  It is amazing how deep the keel is on this, but yet, we motored around in shallow waters a bunch to find a good spot to snorkel, and it didn't touch. 


I climbed up the mast and here is a shot from looking from the top, down on the deck.  It was pretty clear water and so you can see the bottom and the kelp growing along the bottom also.


 I flew my kite (for the first time in a long time) and took a nice long slow shot (turn the volume off though, I didn't edit it or anything, just wanted to post it quickly) and so here is what it looks like to go about 10 knots with the spinnaker up in about 16 kts of wind! 








No comments: