Saturday, June 29, 2019

Sunshine summer

 The sun has begun to shine up here!  I think it might shine all this coming week, and it was out the entire last week, beaming heat and life into the land.  Maybe too much heat, though, becase the bears were all hidden in Glacier bay.  First we went to the Magoun Islands, a great way to start the week, but shortly after that we went to Kalinin Bay, where Sea lion Cove is located.  There is a trail that you can do an All day hike, where you go over to the beach, eat lunch, play in the water, and then come back afterwards.  I got to do that. 


 Kalinin Bay is a beary area, so I was on guard as I walked the meadow, and there was mama and a baby out in the field.  We watched them and then passed on.
 The beach was nice and there was a boogie board hidden in the woods, so I went and got it, then went for a surf.  This is a shot of me and the guide that went with me, Sarah.  The beach is very white and soft and nice.
 As we came back to the meadow, another bear popped up and we got a view, and then he stood up to look back at us.
 Next day was Bay of Pillars, and we found some Deer there.
 And lots of otters
 Stick em up!
 I took out a skiff tour and found a bear.  A black bear!
 Then in Patterson Bay I found a baby seal
 And a brown bear
 Then we went to Basket Bay, one of my favorite places in the world.  We did a small recon with the crew to check it out, and here's a picture of the cave you can drive the skiff into.
 Then we went to Glacier Bay, and found a lone orca
 And a sleepy porcupine
 And I found some sunkissed Lupines
 The next (and last) day was in Fern Harbor, near the ocean but also in Glacier Bay
 I had a glorious walk that included a nice view and I found some great Sundews. 

No comments: