Thursday, February 25, 2010

Revival

Ok, I will pull my head out of the ground, now that its starting to be spring around here, and pull my camera out and start taking pictures, and also start up my blog again. There have been some who have been nagging me about this, in fact.
So, over the last few months, I've taken a few pictures, some from hiking up to the top of Lummi Island last weekend with Danny, and some from walking around town in Bellingham.
I got a haircut
in the fall, sadly losing all my blondness, but I've kept the hat.

So I've been tutoring math and helping coach wrestling for practice (and experience) with teaching, and am applying to Western Washington University's Masters in Teaching program for next fall. The application is due April 1, so I don't know when I'll hear back. The tutoring is mostly Math, but I am also trying to teach physics, and the wrestling has now finished, as State was last weekend. I am also working with Dean's Tree Service, a company that my brother worked with, and am climbing trees and cutting them down or pruning or shaping them to suit the client. Its actually kind of fun work, because I am outside all the time, and climbing is kind of fun. I'm also interviewing for a job on one of the American Safari Cruises' boats for the summer, as an Engineer on the boat. If I get that job, I'll be working most of the summer up out of Juneau, in the area that I was in last year. In fact, Danny works at this company, and is the reason that I am thinking about doing it.

Over the past few months, I've spent a lot of time working on Altair. After the grounding in June last year, I was pretty shaken up and felt like sending Altair away, (selling her) and maybe not having a boat for a while. I couldn't find the right buyer, and since I haven't been dropping my price, I ended up keeping her. But slowly, over the past few months, I've been growing fonder and fonder again of my precious little boat. And now, with the early springtime, it is love again.
I'll post more later with some of the projects that I've done, but they are: a wind vane, a new sail cover, and a new roller furling sail with a re-done bowsprit. (I broke the bowsprit off again a couple weeks ago, so I need to make it SUPER now.
Also to come: I have invented a method of celestial navigation, and I will explain how it works.

No comments: