Monday, January 1, 2024

New Years

Happy New Years!  I got a few photos from the race I did a few weeks ago, and I thought I'd share.  The above one is me on the spreaders as I was getting ready for the race, I saw the camera and went for the sky...
This was the first race in a series, and I did two of those races.  This was my most favored one, since it had a lot of reaching, but in light air I am not as fast as some of the other boats.  Still, its neat to see the spinnakers
And here I have a line in the water...
As usual, I am slow on my starts and have to catch up, but I was able to overtake the slower crowd, but not the fast racers.
So here's a Santa Cruz 50 ahead of me.
And I like this picture.

In addition...  I've been surfing a fair bit this year, and the waves have been pretty good.  This was taken today by a friend at a spot near La Cruz.  I think this is my favorite spot in the area, but it doesn't break very often. 

I came here yesterday all day and it was really fun, and had a great big fun wave to end 2023.  But this morning early, before anybody was up, I got out and caught a wave in the crumbling darkness that was so smooth and perfect, and huge. A bit bigger than this one pictured.  It was a great way to start the year.
I also was out at El Faro, the wave I really like, about a week ago and a friend had a camera out and took this picture of me turning.  The wave there is really strange, since it is very steep in the pocket and then not at all steep at the shoulder.  

Anyways, my surfing is improving and I'm also having a lot of fun.  I will leave in a week to sail over to La Paz to go to work on the Safari Explorer, and then come back in March to surf some more and then go over to Socorro for the Eclipse in April.  

A very exciting winter!


 

No comments: