Sunday, March 15, 2020

Return to the Northwest

 On my drive back up the coast, I stopped back in Baja and hiked a few canyons.  One of them, the "Steinbeck" canyon, had some nice pools and hummingbirds...
 And some frogs in the clear water...
 Another view of the Hummer...
 And I managed to meet up with the Safari Endeavor and go out whale watching with them!  They go over to the lagoons where the Gray Whales give birth and then out on small Pangas, and we had a year old one come up and nuzzle the boat.
 It was pretty big, but not as big as a mama whale, but covered in barnacles and pretty nasty. 
 And at one of my camping spots there was a curious pelican and I got a shot of him looking at me from close range.

Of course upon entering the USA and heading north the world got more and more crazy, and so I scampered pretty quick up to Bellingham and will hole up here for a while until I find out what will become of the summer.  I'm sure there will be some sort of adventure.

No comments: