Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Last week before break!

 So the whales finally arrived.  We got lots of bubblenetting this week.  Two shows, in fact, and lots of whales all over the place. 
 The first show was great, and right at Morris Reef, where Peril Strait meets Chatham Strait.  They were feeding for hours together and we watched.


 Then one jumped right next to the boat and it was quite the show, but I missed the shot because I was too zoomed in.  This is what I got.
 Then there were orcas!
 Then we saw another group near Point Adolphus, and one of the group had been run over by a boat, and had propeller scars.
 Then in Glacier Bay we had two Peregrine Falcons buzz over the boat and hover in our airwake for about 4 minutes, so I got a few great shots
 Possibly my best ever peregrine in flight shot:
 And of course some bears on the beach in Glacier Bay...

No comments: