Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Arrival (almost)

I arrived* in Canada today, after 30 days and 1 hour sailing.  The last few days were slow and hectic, since there is a lot of traffic that comes past the area up here, and then there are rocks.  So I finally made it past Cape Scott (the north end of Vancouver Island) and into the channel, and to Port Hardy!  Yay! 
But then when I got to the office and called canadian customs to tell them I arrived, well, I have made an error.  Port Hardy is not a "Port of Entry", so I cannot arrive here.  Therefore, I must un-arrive and go to Campbell River to enter Canada with all due haste.  But the Canadians are watching me, so I have to keep to a schedule, so I hope the weather is nice for me for the next few days so I can make it.
They were kind enough to allow me to stay the night here and get food, so that is the scoop right now.
I guess I'll write more about the trip in the future.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

geeze!! well hopefully you were able to grab a dozen doughnuts :)

Jed Smith said...

Was wondering why you were heading there and not say Ucluelet...

Danny Blanchard said...

Hooray! You're alive! We're leaving Ketchikan tonight (9.15.12) and will be steaming 24-7 at 10kts (weather permitting at Dixon, Queen Charlotte, Johnstone, and Georgia/Juan de Fuca)for a Saturday morning arrival at the Ballard Locks. I'll try calling today, but I'll keep a weather eye for some odd flag and highway call-box solar panels... : ) Congrats on the crossing!

mlloyd said...

Mmmm, do they have skittles in Canada? Congratulations on making it!! I can't wait to here the real story...