Thursday, July 23, 2026

Another Prince William Sound

Another trip in Prince William Sound!  It rained all the week, until the last day, but we went to a cool spot with a dead "ghost" forest.  And then to the ester Island hatchery, where we found some cool stellar Jays

And some bears
Eating chum salmon

Then looking around
With an eagle in a tree trying to dry off
We also found a sperm whale.  It was super cool.  I used the hydrophone to listen to it pinging its ecolocation as it dived
Here's the tail
I also found a fin whale and got a nice skiff tour with it
You can see its a fin
And a few humpbacks too
Here's one fluking
We found some bubblenetters, and they were lunging upwards, I got a few shots in quick succession
Jaws closing
And more closed
And the water leaks out
Then back down for more!
We also found some nice orcas, they came by to check out the boat.

 

No comments: